Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The Day After

This morning I woke up having lost a little more weight.  After my 15 day juice cleanse I am down 13.4 pounds.

So, what do you eat after a juice cleanse?  My goal was to ease into eating again so I made myself a warm, nappa cabbage infused with garlic, ginger and lemon grass soup.  It was delicious.  Then in the afternoon I ate a piece of cake that I had been saving from a friend's birthday party.  Boy was that a mistake. 
After the cake I did not feel normal the rest of the day.  I knew better and didn't listen to my body.  I went the rest of the day without eating.  I've been mainly drinking water and coconut juice.  I think I'll juice twice tomorrow and stick to simple foods. 

I do have to pat myself on the back though.  Tonight was the Hmong Women Leadership Institute reception.  There was delicous papaya salad, pad thai, chicken wings, and a tofu veggie stir fry and I didn't have any of it.  In fact, I don't think I thought twice about the food.  Yay me.

Taking it one day at a time.  Will see what happens this weekend at my cousin's wedding. 

No comments: