Saturday, May 11, 2013

Day 5

Down a 1/2 pound from yesterday.  I did not work out on day 4.  Down a total of 7 1/2 pounds.

Juicing Observation on Day 4:
I experienced for the first time in my life what it feels like to eat because my body needs nutrition versus to eat because I am hungry.  Until yesterday I didn't even know there was a difference. 

Friday evening our family left the house to run errands.  I knew that while we were gone I would miss one juicing but thought I could hold out until we got home.  As 7:45pm rolled around I could feel my body  changing.  It's hard to explain the feeling.  I didn't feel hunger pains or the need to eat.  I just knew that I needed some nutrition.

Within 15 minutes I felt my energy drop.  Worse of all, a headache was setting in.  Luckily, we were near a Cub Foods.  I was able to get my hands on some pure coconut juice.  Within minutes of drinking it my headache started to subside and I started to feel better.

Through out this process I never felt hunger pains nor did I have the need to eat food.  My brain was sending me a signal for nutrition.  So this is how my body is suppose to function?  Who knew?

No comments: