I get it, life happens and routines disrupted but boy, why is getting back on track so difficult?
2012
was an amazing year. Our entire family had adopted a vegan life style,
Kong and I both lost a considerable amount of weight, Taylor's
allergies were completely eliminated and Ayden, well, she's the picture
of health. So then, what happened in 2013?
In February
we lost a member of our family to breast cancer. Kong's brother lost
the love if his life. With that loss came a disruption to our routine.
To support our family we have spent nearly every weekend for the last 3
months with them as they navigate through this difficult time. We have
no regrets of the time spent together or the love and support gained.
What we have learned is:
1. Love people as much as you can. That love is never wasted.
2. Let people know everyday how much you love them.
3. Forgive often, laugh loud and embrace long.
4. Life is short. Cherish it.
The
most important lesson is the gift that my sister-in-law gave us before
she passed. She was healthy, fit and doctor and yet she turned to a
holistic approach to healing. In addition to a whole host of other
natural approaches to her life (acupuncture, energy healing, organic
eating, etc...), she had also turned to juicing, specifically Gerson
Therapy. If we want to truly heal and not just medicate our symptoms we
need to return to the most natural and raw way of living. That is the
only sure way we can guard against illness, diseases and sickness.
In
just the past three months I have gained 13 pounds, my joints are
tender and sore again, my uric acid levels elevated, and my rheumtory
arthritis in my hands is creeping back. I feel heavy, irritated and
bloated all the time. I am not sleeping well at night. I rigorously
exercise every day but I know the problem is my food intake.
I
am taking my sister-in-law's advice to heart and today I start my 30
day juicing journey. My goal is to purely juice for 30 days. After the
30 days I plan to return to a vegan life style. Today I start my
journey. Today, I choose life.
DAY 1
I am
feeling optimistic. It is 12:10pm and my apple/orange/pineapple/chia
seed juice is still keeping me full. I feel better than yesterday.
Good start to day 1.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I cannot wait to read about your new journey! :) Sending you and the family all my love!
Post a Comment