Monday, May 13, 2013

Day 6 & Day 7

Okay, didn't report on day 6.  That's because I was a crazy mess.

Juicing Observation on Day 6
I felt great.  Had a ton on energy.  No joint pains.  No muscle pains.  No cravings.  Felt awesome so what the heck?  Why did I have a crazy, yelling, emotional breakdown on Mother's Day?  I went into a crazy rant and emotionally abused my poor husband and two kids.  Then, out of no where, my body told me I needed a nap.  I didn't feel tired.  After napping for two hours I thought all would be fine but it wasn't.  I was still crazy.  All I could do was apologize.

Juicing Observation on Day 7
I have now lost almost 9 pounds (8.8pounds to be exact).  So after having a cruddy day 6 I looked into what could have caused my emotional meltdown.  I have been slowly reading Healing the Gerson Way and this morning read a chapter on understanding the healing reaction.  In this chapter it states, "The body produces a healing inflammation and releases toxins from the tissues, producing a massive toxic load that has to be eliminated from the liver.  The process is sometimes accompanied by a healing fever and even spells of depression and panic."  I guess I need to be more diligent about castor oil packs.  I also dread saying that I need to start doing coffee enemas to help release the toxins from my liver.  I will spare you the details of this process but will let you know the outcome.

Interestingly enough, I still don't know why my body tells me to sleep when I am not tired but what I can say is I have a new found respect for my body and for listening to it.  Normally, if I nap during the day, it is difficult for me to fall asleep at bed time.  This has not been the case lately.  I guess my body needs the extra sleep for all the healing it is trying to do on the inside. 

Hoping the crazies go away and stay away.

1 comment:

madviolinist said...

Your honesty is appreciated! :-) Keeping you in prayer for this journey!