I did it! After swearing off anything that is diet related (pills, fad, meal plans, etc...) I decided to try Weight Watchers. I've been exercising for nearly 5 months now and have only lost a total of 7 pounds. Not impressive considering I have been very diligent about exercising. Plus, since I am not a big junk food eater and I think I do a pretty good job of balancing what I eat, I didn't think something like Weight Watchers would be all that beneficial.
I signed up for the free week trial today. What a surprise. I have cut down the amount of food I consume considerably but in loosely (because I still learning how to track Asian foods and foods that were prepared before I could take down the contents of the ingredients) tracking my points today...I was shocked! I was 20 points over my 23 point daily limit. This is considering I only ate 1/2 cup of qoa poon noodles. Just imagine how many points a real bowl would be?
Anyway, now that I have an idea of what I'm suppose to do, I think I'll have a better day tomorrow. I'm hoping this will be a good start to a healthy weight loss. Since I'm suppose to weigh no more than 130 pounds, I need to lose nearly 45 pounds. I will shoot for 140 pounds with the ultimate goal of 130. Wish me luck and a better tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Isn't it sickening how much we eat? I know I have to get back to living that way again too. My weight is getting out of hand! A good site to use is calorieking.com. You can put in your raw foods from what you are cooking and it calculates the total calories and other nutrition. It has all kinds of raw food in there. You can also use the back of the packages of the food that you use to cook and it'll calculate the total meal, cooked. Good luck. WW is a great program. It's not a gimmick!
that's awesome kaohly! you can do it! i was on jenny craig for awhile and dropped a good 15 lbs. but now i've been so busy, it's hard to keep track of what i've eaten and what's easy...sometimes what's easy isnt what's best. i'll be back in mn for a highschool gf's wedding next week, so this week---i'm crash dieting on the cabbage soup diet again. i'm hoping it will kick start my healthy eating cycle once the wedding is over. wooo!
WW is NOT a diet or strict food plan, it's a way of life!!! You CAN eat anything you want, it's all about portion control baby!!!
After my last and final (yay) exam, I can send you some things that have been helpful for me.
Thanks for updating!
Post a Comment