Yesterday was an interesting day. Our family had a very modest breakfast (whole wheat waffles with a few chocolate chips, cucumber and fruit with skim milk) then headed out to a picnic. Needless to say, we ate too much and it was all the bad (because it tasted so good) stuff. We finished eating around 1:15pm and headed off the Rondo Library for a few hours.
Around 3:45pm, Kong popped home made popcorn (a lot of it) and we all watched movies together. We had a discussion around how we wouldn't really need to eat dinner but that we would give the girls peaches with some wheat thins or a cereal bar with fruit as a snack around 6 or 7:00pm. Thinking that the girls were in good hands, I left for a work out at Bally's.
Upon my return around 7:45pm, I found the girls finishing up canned spaghetti and meat balls and I lost it. After our discussion about not over feeding the girls, and getting back into our normal routine of fresh, healthy, and organic foods, he did the complete opposite. In Kong's defense, he was feeling guilty because the girls said they were hungry so in his mind, that meant he needed to feed them food and not a snack. I went off on him about being responsible about knowing what is right and wrong and to not let guilt fuel his decisions. The girls will always tell him they are hungry but it's his decision to think about what they ate that day, how to balance that out and especially what time it is when he is feeding them. I couldn't understand how someone rational would choose to feed children a meal so late in the evening when they just had huge cups of soda to drink with their enormous amount of popcorn just a few hours earlier.
The reason why I was so angry was because Taylor has put on a few pounds since their three week stay at home before school. Work these past few weeks have been really hectic so I haven't been feeding them the way I would like to. We ate out at least once during each of the week they were home, sometimes twice. I think it was probably more of the lack of exercise that contributed to Taylor's slight gain in weight as I was not able to take them out during the work day. Considering that Kong was aware of this as we spoke of it just a few days earlier, I was livid that he made such a poor decision on food choice.
Anyway, the girls, Kong and I talked about being responsible about fueling our bodies properly and taking care of it so that it can be healthy so we decided that on the weekends, and maybe 2x during the week, we would do a walk/run of 1.2 miles to get our hearts pumping and our bodies moving. We did our first one this morning. We would walk a block, then run a block and so on until we had gone .6 miles and reached the Brugers Bagel on Grand. We had a nice breakfast at Brugers (choosing healthy options...at least for the girls and I), then we ran and walked home. Surprising enough, the girls did a great job. Even Ayden with her short little legs ran nearly as much as we did. My hope is that soon enough, we'll all be able to run the whole distance.
Anyway, that was my moment of weakness this weekend where the crazy came flying out of me. Must be that time of the month. On a positive note, I lost 4 pounds in 6 days on Weight Watchers and I had 16 left over points at the end of this week. I also cooked every meal this week and made some very healthy choices for the family. I feel very hopeful and am excited about what is to come not just for me but for the girls too.
Before I sign off, please pray for me for patience. I feel like I have not been controlling my anger very well and I have been extremely negative. I'm not proud of this but I have also been condescending. Not stuff you want to admit to people. Thanks for your prayers. I need all the help I can get.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
healthy choices healthy choices--those are hard to make sometimes. very awesome about your recent weight loss! youre going to do great--gives me motivation. :) and i love the updated pics of taylor and ayden...i miss those silly girls. i'll be home thursday for a gf's wedding that i'm in....if i'm not too crazy with the bridezilla, maybe i'll stop by!
aDon't be to hard on yourself. I know that when work is more stressful, I tend to be more short with Choua and Roan as well.
I can relate to Kong. I think I have a hard time with the guilt-thing. He's starting to kind of just eat because he's with me. I offer him food all of the time. I think it's a result of when he was thin and I felt like I wasn't feeding him enough. I know that he gets enough now and since he's talking more now, I realize that I am going to have to start teaching more about better food choices. Choua and I are working on that ourselves.
Congratulations on your weight loss! WW works...it's not a gimmick, you just have to be serious. You've motivated me! :)
It's hard but you're doing great things and heading in the right direction!
We can do it. we're doing it, we are it!
Post a Comment