Friday, September 28, 2007

Good Bye Rosie...Nicky

Our beta fish of 3 years died last night. Rosie/Nicky has been ill and losing his color for the past few months. We've been having conversations with the girls for a while now about how Rosie/Nicky is getting old and that he may pass soon. Before I get to the burial, I have to explain Rosie/Nicky's name. When we bought the beta, we didn't have the heart to tell Taylor that it was a boy so she named it Rosie. As Taylor got older, she learned that the Beta was really a boy so she reluctantly changed his name to Nick...which turned to Nicky. Ayden on the other hand, still insists on calling Nicky, Rosie.

Anyway, Taylor decided that she wanted to bury Rosie/Nicky instead of flushing him. So after buying the girls each of their own beta fish (girl betas of course, no mistakes this time), Kong dug a small hole and we buried Rosie. Taylor said a prayer and then started crying. Ayden didn't cry but she did comfort Taylor like the good sister she normally is NOT!

Tonight we went out to eat at Old Country Buffet and I made really good food choices. I also ate moderately. I'm really proud of myself. I only went 2 points over my daily allotment and I still have 30 extra points for tomorrow and Sunday. I only exercised twice this week. I hope to do some tomorrow and on Sunday. I lost the other 1/2 pound this morning and am down to a solid 169. I'm 13 points down : )

No comments: