Monday, August 6, 2007

Ods and Ends

After dropping of Ayden at school today, I decided to drive by the 35W bridge to see it for myself. Ayden's school is literally three block from the bridge. It was surreal. Everything I saw on the news and in pictures came to life. From the school bus, to the bent ends of the bridge, to the cars still sitting on the pieces of the bridge that did not go into the river...it was such an odd feeling. I actually felt guilty as I didn't want to be a "gawker" but I couldn't help myself. I drove by quickly and only caught a brife glimpse but the image is seared into my memory. How tragic and sad.

On a lighter note, I wanted to share some more pictures of Ayden. Shoua did such a great job capturing Ayden's personality. I've worked with so many photographers/artists who want to capture a child the way they think the child should be seen instead of how the child really is. I was really impressed with Shoua. Some of the pictures are a little blurry and the color just a tinsy off but I love the photo's anyway. In my opinion, the goal I have in mind when having my children's pictures taken is to capture the child in that particular point in her life and Shoua absolutely did that - Ayden is silly, stinky and carefree. Here are a few more pictures. If you want to see all of them, go to: http://auohs.blogs.com/photos/ayden/index.html.

Lastly, I did not work out on Saturday but I did run 3.5 miles on Sunday and I plan on going to the gym over lunch today. Though I have not lost much weight, I can see a huge difference in my body size and shape. I have to constantly remind myself that it's not about the weight but about making healthy life changes.







1 comment:

Kaosong said...

Hey--What's going on there? Need updates! :)