Thursday, August 2, 2007

I Finally Figured it Out

I've been running this past month and could not figure out why I was so winded after two miles. Depending on how I felt on a particular day, I struggled with even running the two miles. I finally figured it out on Thursday when I went for my morning run.

Since I'm not a runner to begin with, I didn't realize that I was tensing up my shoulders which in turn tenses up the top half of my back. The result was that my lungs were not expanding hence I could not get enough oxygen to my body. That's why I was breathing so heavy and was tiring out so quickly. My run on Thursday was so enlightening. After one mile, I was barely winded. After the second mile, I was still pretty comfortable. I think I'm going to try for three miles my next time out. All I kept thinking during that run was, "Wow! This is what it's suppose to feel like."

Exercise Log
- Monday, July 30, 2007 - Ran 2.2 Miles
- Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - Did not exercise
- Wednesday, August 1, 2007 - Did not exercise
- Thursday, August 2, 2007 - My day of enlightenment - I ran 2.3 Miles.
- Friday, August 3, 2007 - I ran 3.5 Miles. I probably could have run more but I didn't want to push myself too hard.

I'm comfortable running 3 Miles and will probably stick to that as I don't want to put too much pressure on my knees. I need to make sure I switch it up between running and the elliptical as the elliptical is better for my knees. I don't think I have ever run 3 miles in my life.

I'm happy to also report that I started seeing my acupuncturist again. I went over lunch. I could not believe the difference when I came back to the office. I was efficient, my memory was sharp and I was so productive I did more work this afternoon than I did all day yesterday. This may sound unbelievable but I'm telling you, it makes a huge difference. Especially if you feel tired all the time and have no energy. I'm making a commitment to myself that even if I feel good, I'm going to see Dr. Chi every two weeks to maintain good health.

Lastly, Ayden had her 4 year old pictures taken by a friend of Kaosong name Shoua. She does wonderful work. Here are a few of the pictures she took of Ayden.




3 comments:

Kaosong said...

You are doing so great! I can't believe that you are doing over three miles! I am so inspired now. I wish it was that easy for me to figure out what my problem is, but I think mine has more to do with my weight.

Ayden's pictures look great! Shoua really is so good! Ayden is a beautiful little girl.

Kaosong said...

P.S. How did you get the pictures to post side by side?

pinkpeony said...

GREAT JOB SIS!!!! That's amazing!!! I'm so proud of you, seriously!!!! keep me updated k? I'll keep you updated too. I haven't worked out in over a week and I've only worked out two times since i've moved here... It's okay, i'm getting there!

Love the photos, post more!! I miss them soo much!! Tell taylor and ayden i love them! I spoke to ayden for a couple minutes last week and she told me that she has forgiven me for leaving...:)

love you guys! Love you to kaosong!
me.