Thursday, August 2, 2007

Minneapolis Bridge Collapse

It's amazing how it takes a catastrphe to remind us of how blessed and fortunate we are. The events of last night really hit home for us as that very same bridge is the one Kong has traveled on for nearly a year when picking up Ayden in the evenings. Kong started taking the 10th street bridge, which if you've been watching the news, is the smaller bridge that is still standing and runs right next to the 35W bridge, because of the road construction. He avoided that area completely yesterday because Ayden stayed home with a stomach ache. God was truly watching out for us. Our thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by the collapse yesterday.

1 comment:

Kaosong said...

OMG! That is so frightening! It really didn't hit home for me until I saw this. I still can't figure out exactly where that is. I'm so glad it didn't affect anyone we know yet.