Tuesday, February 5, 2008

New Beginnings

Taylor and her good friend Nisaa participated in the JJ Hill Talent Show. They've been practicing for months during recess. I am really proud of them as there were a few hundred people at the talent show. Yes, that's me screaming in the background. I couldn't contain myself.



I started Kuk Sool Won today. I learned that Kuk Sool Won is NOT Tae Kwon Do. It's not a martial art style but a system that incorporates the three main groups or branches, namely tribal, Buddhist, and royal court martial arts. These three groups were organized to form a single system known as Kuk Sool by the founder and Grandmaster of Kuk Sool Won. Kuk Sool Won is recognized in the martial arts community as one of the most effective and comprehensive systems of traditional Korean martial arts in existence today. It includes everything from hand techniques, leg techniques, throwing and grappling, to joint locking techniques, falling techniques and acrobatis, body conditioning, animial-style techniques, Traditional Koren weapons, martial art healting methods, meditation and breathing techniques.

To my surprise, I really enjoyed it. I got my dobak today and can't wait for the next class. My philosopy this year is don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today. There is no day like the present to make changes, try new things, live life fuller and say what needs to be said.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

now all you need are swimming lessons! :)

Unknown said...

omg, taylor is such a sassy little thing. :) i loved her cheers! she was awesome!

Kaosong said...

Taylor is so good! I'm glad you are doing something for yourself. Also, you've been tagged. Go take a look at my blog.