Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Pluto No Longer a Planet

Ayden told me the other day that she's been learning about the planets. She was able to name most of the planets, she knew how many there were, she even knew which ones were gas planets, and that the green planet is earth. Then she told me that Pluto is no longer a planet. Since Ayden doesn't always have her "facts" straight, I agreed with her but I didn't really give it much thought. To my surprise, I recently learned that Pluto is really no longer categorized as a planet. The next day I video taped her and sure enough, she couldn't tell me anything she had told me the previous day and she claimed that Pluto was no longer a planet because God lives on Pluto. Fun times!

This past week, Taylor tested for her yellow stripe in Tae Kwon Do. She did a really good job and passed. Here is a picture of Taylor accepting her yellow stripe and a video of her test. It was 1 1/2 hour test of endurance. I was exhausted just watching them. Each person is in a differnt phase of the test which is why some finish their steps sooner than others.
My brother Paul and my sister-in-law had their second child this past week. He's adorable.














I had to include this picture because Ayden looks hilarious. Your eyes do not deceive you. Our Christmas tree and garland are still up. The girls love the tree so much that they decided we should keep it up until June. They eventually compromised with us and the tree will be coming down by next weekend.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am so proud of your girls! i miss them. and i'm also so proud of your sister-in-law for fighting for the kind of birth she wanted! good for her. are you all going to see "the business of being born" this weekend?

Anonymous said...

btw - ayden looks ridiculous in that wig. she is such a cutie pie monkey.

Kaosong said...

I love the videos. I think Roan will love to see his TayTay doing his most favorite fighting. Thanks for showing them. Ayden is such a hoot. We can't wait to see Miv Kaub.

Unknown said...

awww i love your girls! ayden is such a smartie pants. and congrats taylor on geting her next belt! that pluto clip made my day!