I am a Girl Scout cookie mom this year so with this being cookie season, it's been quite hectic. Work, along with all of the "stuff" I do outside of it and the possibility of going back to school to study law and starting my own consulting business, life has been just a tad overwhelming. Kong's been busy studying for the CFA and volunteering so we haven't been seeing much of each other. We are working hard at making sure the kids don't get lost within all of the shuffling and change.
On a positive note I have been enjoying my martial art class. I attend three times a week with Taylor and Ayden and I added the work out class on Monday nights to my schedule. With that addition, I'll be spending the majority of my weeks at the Kuk Sool Won Dojang. I attended my first work session yesterday. It was quite the experience. There were four of us in class with Pu Sa Bum Nim Steffen. Everyone was a black belt (or almost a black belt) except for me. I believed that since I had been exercising for the past year that I would probably make out pretty well. Needless to say, I did not. I have never been pushed so hard in my entire life. I felt at one point that I was going to go into cardiac arrest. I am inspired by those who were present during the class and will be returning next Monday. Their positive attitudes and encouragement despite my apparent failure is a big motivator to return and persevere (our word for this week). Oh yeah, I lost two pounds after the Monday night session which is a huge bonus.
The girls will be in their first Martial Arts tournament this weekend. Some of the events are non traditional but it's a nice way to introduce the little ones to tournaments in a fun way. We are also signed up to learn Jool Bong (nunchucks) so that will be fun. We are looking forward to the experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kaohly, you did wonderfully at your first workout class. They're meant to be dreadful and difficult -- the point is to hang in there and work as hard as you can. Those classes will get anyone into better shape, no matter how fit they are to begin with. I'm glad you came, glad you came back this week, and hope I'll see you again next Monday!
Nicki (the almost black belt)
Post a Comment