Thursday, May 6, 2010

Vegetarian

I recently found out that I have gout. I had my first official attack in the foot (big toe to be specific) on Saturday. Flip flops are my new best friends. I still have a small amount of pain in my foot but it is much better than it was on Sunday. Looking back I think I might have had minor attacks in my hand and my heal but brushed them off to Kuk Sool injuries.

To manage my gout I've gone vegetarian. I've been meat free for five days. So far so good. Unfortuneately there are a lot of non meat foods such as spinich, cauliflower, oats, etc...that are high in purines so I'm really limited on what I can eat. I have a headache but I'm not sure what's the cause. So much going wrong with my body. I'm just falling apart : )

2 comments:

Ncuab and Pajntsa said...

im sad to hear you have gout now. (is this KH writing?) it runs in my family too, on my dad's side. so many hmong pple have it. im glad you're getting it taken care of and i hope it doesn't give you too much pain in the future. it was so good to see you guys a few weeks ago! the girls are adorable! wish we could go watch them, but we checked online and the shows are sold out. take care. pajjar

Wilan Her said...

Aw! Hang in there girl! My dad gets gout but not as bad as it used to be. You're doing the right thing watching the diet..keep low on the protein. My dad still eats meat but added a lot more veggies. Stay away from beans, basil, and chocolate (Ugh I know!) Take care!