With such a warm spring a lot of the snow had melted. The slopes were well groomed but early morning skiing was rough. The snow was completely ice in the morning and slushy in the afternoon. I worried a lot on this trip. The slopes are much longer and more challenging. Runs often time changed difficulty levels half way down. You think you are going down a green but once you get to the bottom it's a blue. Being unfamiliar with the runs made me nervous which in turn made the girls scared.
One time Adyen was headed off the run and right into the woods. Even though she was going pretty slow it scared me to death. I raced up to her and grabbed her in the nick of time. We both fell awkwardly right where the run dropped off and just missed the trees. I'm not exactly sure if Ayden was hurt but I was in pain. Am I already too old for this? I hope not.
All-in-all it was still fun. The view was beautiful. We’ll go back next year but during the heart of winter when the snow is best. After that…Taos here we come.
As you can see, there's not much snow.
Breezeway from outside of our door to the run below.
The girls trying to catch up with their dad
The girls trying to catch up with their dad
Going Up! Much steeper in real ife.
Riding the gondola back to the lodge.
First run of the day. The view was beautiful.
Moose Run. It's a long, smooth run which connects you to some more difficult runs. We did not know that when we decided to take the girls down this route. Where we are headed is mostly blue and black runs. Not a good idea.
I like this picture because you can see Lake Superior in the background.
There is a nice stream that runs through the resort.
No comments:
Post a Comment