Wednesday, June 18, 2008

First Swimming Lesson

We attended our first swimming lesson yesterday evening. I was the only adult in a class of about 14 kids. You know you are getting old when everyone looks young. The instructor looked like a teenage kid but I'm sure he was probably in college and home for the summer working for some extra cash : )

Taylor was bumped up to my class so we are taking lessons together. Yeah! The instructor said that he thinks I'm a better swimmer than I think I am but it's my fear of deep water that I need to over come. He made us all do bobs in water over our head to help with this. I have to admit I was nervous about this but I did it.

After the lesson we were so tired that we zonked out after we washed up. We'll have to see if we are all better swimmers after the 10 weeks. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: