Christmas was a very stressful for us this year. I was put in a very tough position with the photographer I was using for the girls pictures. I was extremely disappointed at the quality of the photos, the results of my Christmas cards and the professionalism of the photographer. I did not plan to write a Christmas letter this year as I was anticipating an amazing custom Christmas card but things did not turn out as planned. Though this photographer has a great eye, and takes wonderfully artistic photos, she seems to lack knowledge when it comes to the technical aspect of photography, how to run a business and work with customers. For the final products that she produces, amateur prices is more appropriate. There's too many issues to post so I'll spare you the details.
With the recent issues with this photographer, I decided to learn more about photography. I don't plan on ever taking pictures as a professional but I want to be able to take nice pictures of my girls so that I can do fun things with the photos. Here are a few of my attempts to understand the different settings on my own digital camera, lighting, etc...I tried to take pictures during the day time with natural light, and at night time. I wanted to see what type of images I could capture. It was fun and interesting.
Here's the same shot with a different focus.
Our Christmas tree.
Taylor's first Christmas ornament.
1 comment:
great pics kaohly! your xmas tree was awesome. i hope you had a great xmas, i went home and saw the xmas card that you sent out. i love your girls' little faces! miss you guys!
Post a Comment