Well...after waiting for a year to order my Williams-Sonoma Calphalon cookware, someone stole my stuff off of the porch. I can't believe someone would do that. Over $700. Gone. Just like that. The UPS people delivered the boxes yesterday and since Kong and I had an event and was in a rush, I forgot to tell Kong the boxes were outside. Sure enough, this morning, the boxes were gone. I checked with the mail man who confirmed that he saw the boxes yesterday but that he did not take them in error thinking they were boxes going out. I was frantic.
I called William-Sonoma and they are sending me a replacement set. I was so worried they would tell me there is nothing they can do about it. Thank goodness for William-Sonoma's outstanding customer service. It pays when you do business with people whose price is a true reflection of their products and services. This is not always the case as I recently learned.
On a high note or maybe not so high note, Kong and I attended an event yesterday for the Minnesota Lodging Association and someone did something really creepy to me. I stepped out of the ballroom to make a call to the sitter because we were running late and this guy attending the event walked out right after me. As he walked by me, he stared for a really long time in a really weird way. Then when I finished the call, he came back, stared and said, "You have really beautiful hair." I wasn't sure what to do with that so I said "Thanks" and tried not to make eye contact as he approached me. Well, either he was hitting on me in a really weird way or he is gay and truly does appreciate hair. Who knows.
But today, something else happened that made me truly proud of the hard work I've been putting into working out and eating right. On my way home from having a meeting with a client, I parked in front of the house instead of the garage and this red pick up truck with a bunch of guys drove by me and repeatedly honked their horn and cat called. I think it was directed at me seeing as I was the only person around. Though I probably should have been offended, I wasn't. It's nice to know people still notice me. I guess it helps that I was dressed up both times, and made modest attempts to look presentable.
It was a nice way to end my afternoon considering that I had $700 worth of goods stolen from me. Anyway, more to come tomorrow. I'm going to try to catch up on all that's happened since I haven't been updating my blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OMG! I can't believe that! They must have thought you guys were on vacation or something. WS is awesome! Why do I love them so much? Glad they sent you a replacement.
I used to hate it when I would get catcalls. I am fat now so I don't get them anymore. I wonder how it will feel when/if it should happen again?
Post a Comment