So I finally redeemed all of my Amex points for $900 of gift cards from Williams Sonoma. Once I get the gift cards, I'll going to by a calphalon 12 piece set. I'm also thinking about getting the 12' wok. With the 12 piece set, I'll get free gifts which include the 6.5quart Soup Pot and 10qt Caldero. The 12-piece set includes 10" and 12" fry pans, a 2 1/2-qt. covered saucepan, a 3-qt. covered sauté pan, a 3 1/2-qt. covered saucepan, a 5-qt. covered Dutch oven and an 8-qt. covered stockpot.
If anyone has any input on what sizes are used most an which ones are not, let me know. I may try to buy piece by piece instead of going with a set. I've included pics for the 12 piece, wok and 6.5qt soup pot.


1 comment:
hooray! i am so happy that you're going to do something nice for yourself. i swear, having these pots and pans will making cooking even more enjoyable. besides, you deserve this!
i have almost all of the pieces you describe, except for the dutch oven and wok. i doubt you'd use the dutch oven very much, since it's mostly good for stews and baked puddings. if you make soups, the large stock pot that comes in the set should be more than adequate. the wok is a nice accessory to have, but anything that you might make in it (like stir fry or sauteed veggies) you really could make in your other pans.
as for the finish on the pots, i'd suggest you go for the regular anodized professional finish. the non-stick is handy (which is what i have), but it tends to scratch and you just never know what chemicals are getting into your food. i worry a bit about my own calphalon collection, even though they're still in really good shape.
happy cooking!
Post a Comment