Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Nature

It's been on verge of raining these past few days. One evening, after the girls and I jumped on the trampoline, it started to lightly drizzle. We decided to lay down on the trampoline really still to hear the leaves rustling in the wind and the rain dropping around us. Were hoping for a big down pour but that never happened.
We must have laid quietly for 45 minutes. We could hear the birds chirping, filling the air with sweet Melodies. To watch the rain that did fall come down from the sky and hit our faces. It was an amazing and peaceful feeling.
On another note, little finches have been hanging out on my porch. They had built a nest in one of my hanging baskets. I took it out before eggs were laid in it. To my surprise, the very next day, I discovered that a new nest had been built in another basket. I was too late. There were already two eggs in the nest. As a mother I could not hurt another mother so I reluctantly left the nest.

I hope I don't regret my decision. Each day I come back to check on the nest there is another egg. Not sure if finches share nests but there are more than just one female and one male hanging around now. What to do, what to do!

2 comments:

b_emvee said...

i love the updates and pictures! it's been too long. I havent seen you guys in ages...

The girls are getting soooo grown up! :)

Ncuab and Pajntsa said...

oh that would be wonderful! i thank you for even wanting to help me out. thats very generous of you guys. i could email kong my resume; what is his email address? i can email it to you too. have a wonderful friday!!!