Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Magic

Tonight was one of those evenings that just seemed magical. During dinner it was raining. It was one of those weird showers where part of the sky was cloudy and part was sunny. If you looked in one particular direction it looked as if it was raining on a sunny day.

Why am I telling you all this? Well, it was only the perfect condition for a rainbow to appear and sure enough, one did. The girls just loved, loved, loved the rainbow. I have to admit, no matter how old I get, every time I see a rainbow I feel just like a child all over again. I ohhhhed and ahhhhed as much as the girls did. There is just something so magical about rainbows.

Anyway, the girls and I talked all night about believing against all odds and never losing that feeling in your heart when it is touched by magic. To the girls, there are unicorns dancing at the end of the rainbow and fairies sliding down the arc. To me, I know that is impossible yet there is always that hope that if I should ever make it to the end of the rainbow, I will also find all things impossible.

Yes, Taylor is in the 4th grade and still believes in mystical creatures and the power of pixie dust. I can safely say that my girls do live quite the sheltered life but I wouldn't have it any other way. I hope they always dream of the unimaginable, that they never live within the boundaries of possibility, and that they never allow others to tear down their dreams.

To top off this perfect evening Taylor said, "Mommy, the closest things we humans have to magic is love." I couldn't help but feel touched by here ability to correlate the two. Love is magical.

3 comments:

Ncuab and Pajntsa said...

aww. i love what taylor said. i missed the rainbow the other day because i took a nap! silly me. i do love rainbows though. =) keep the blogs coming, we love hearing about how you guys are doing.

pinkpeony said...

omg i love them. I may be coming home at the end of may. any memorial weekend plans?

Tara said...

What a blessing it is to be living with magical pixie dust all around you and seeing life through the eyes of your precious girls...enjoy those moments of magic and love! Happy Mother's Day, Kaohly!