Friday, October 3, 2008

Appalled

I am appalled. The assessment that Sarah Palin exceeded expectations because she had no major gaffes and completed some of her thoughts. Is it just me or has America sank to a new low? When someone is viewed as a success if they don't completely screw up? I just don't get it. The sad thing is that there are people out there who actually believe that Palin won the debate. She did not answer questions, regardless of the topic she continued to bring up energy and Alaska, she was condescending, spoke in generalities and repeated sound bites. Unbelievable.

What was up with the winking? It was not folksy to me, it was down right insulting. Just imagine if I went into a meeting with one of my clients and I winked at the CEO and his staff not once but multiple times. How inappropriate. Do you think it reflects well on me if I use language such as, "Do you guys think this is a good plan for your company?" or "Dog gone it, sure looks like there is an error with your account." I have no idea why this is considered a positive trait. That is not the kid of person I want representing America and speaking to foreign leaders on our behalf.

Palin was extremely unknowledgeable and could not give any details. She couldn't even speak to McCains record. I am thoroughly disgusted and it blows my mind that people can look at McCain and Palin and think these two people should be leading our nation. All Palin does is make an already sexist society view women with lower standards. She is the perfect example that women are less intelligent and expected to perform at standards less then men which is why they don't deserve equal pay. She has set women back 50 years.

I guess my expectation of people using full sentences, having knowledge about the topics they need to defend or fight for and ability to concentrate on the issue at hand makes me an Obama elitist. If you truly want to see how sad John McCain's campaign is go to his website. The first thing that pops up is not John McCain it's Palin. He knows he can't win so what does he do, he puts up his gimmick and hopes that the American people are dumb enough to fall for it.

My thoughts on Biden...My sister Stephanie said it best when she said, "Biden is a bad ass!" He is a true reflection of what a true leader should look, behave and speak like. He was Clearly speaking from experience, understood the issues, was smart and extremely personable. He was strong but soft at the same time. There were so many times he could have hammered Palin but didn't. God forbid he seem condescending by pointing out her obvious flaws and mistakes.

Put our nation, our earth and our children first. Vote Obama/Biden on November 4.

No comments: