The girls and I came home from an evening activity to find two grasshoppers mating. I've talked to the girls about mating but I have only told them as much as they can (or should) comprehend. They don't know yet how this translate into humans. God I hope I don't need to have that conversation for a few more years. Anyway, as we discussed what the grasshoppers were doing Taylor kept asking me why one grasshopper was carrying the other one. My explanation was, "...that's just how animals and insects generally mate." I know that left many more questions in her mind but I was counting my lucky stars that she didn't verbalize them.
I do have a question for those few people who read my blog. Taylor will be having her 9th birthday party in a few weeks. We talked to Taylor about birthday gifts and made the suggestion that maybe we ask her guests not to bring a gift but a canned good item for donation and/or make a contribution to her UNICEF collection. She was really excited about the change. In return we told her we would take her shopping to buy "stuff" she's been wanting. Kong made a comment that people will think we are hippies. What do you think? Do you think I'm cheating my child out of basic childhood pleasures? It's not like my kids need anything, right?
This past weekend we visited the Her's in Kansas City for a celebration. We drove 6 1/2 hours to KC, stayed one evening and drove 6 1/2 hours back the next day. It was a long and tiring trip but worth it. We got to see the newest addition to our family, Baby Lola who is beautiful, and spend time with the Hers even if it was just for a few hours. Pulling in at 1:30am, Kong and I had guests at home waiting for our return. It was wonderful hosting the Hers from Wausau. We even got to spend a few hours with them today before they went back home.

Lastly, I've been working with our children at church on a big fundraiser. An fundraiser of this size with kids has never been done before. The kids and I are super excited so please keep us in your prayers. The event is scheduled for October 18 (the day before Taylor's Birthday Party) so it will be a busy weekend. I will need great patience that weekend so all prayers are welcomed.
No comments:
Post a Comment