As 2011 came to a close I found myself wishing very different things than those around me. Through FB and other social media outlets I heard friends, family and acquaintances relieved the year was finally over, that 2012 was going to bring a new and fresh start. People were ready to leave 2011 behind.
For the first time in my life I found myself feeling sad the year was coming to a close. I was not looking forward to 2012. Maybe it was because that meant I was going to be a year older. Maybe I was afraid of what the new year would bring.
2011 had been a year filled with so many wonderful experiences, love and growth. The girls started the year closing out Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat with an amazing cast at the Ordway Theater. We traveled Europe and saw Munich, Bavaria, Hamburg, Prague, Budapest, Paris, Rome, and Salzburg. We skied the German and Austrian Alps. Ayden competed in her first season of gymnastics and finished strong. Taylor received all of her stripes laying the ground work for her black belt promotion. Kong got an amazing gig working overseas, and I finished my MBA.
I learned to appreciate what an amazing spouse Kong is. How tremendously gifted and talented my girls are (academically and physically) and learned that when you give freely and without worry, you truly do receive back ten fold. Most importantly, I learned the true meaning of trusting in God. My faith that he is always guiding me and caring for me was reinforced. Who could have asked for a better year. Who would want a year like this to end?
I need only remember that there is an abundance of love, opportunity and goodness in the universe and when you are ready to receive its abundance, you get so much more than you expect. If 2011 brought me this much richness, I trust in God that 2012 will bring even more.
May your 2012 be over following with everything your heart desires. Verbalize what you want to the universe and remember, "All things, whatever you shall ask in prayer, believing, you shall receive" Matthew 21:22.
No comments:
Post a Comment