Rare moments when the girls get to have unscheduled fun time.
(Ayden caught this large mouth bass with her Mickey Mouse fishing pole. Taylor caught all of these perch by herself. Kong and I got nothing on the same day she nabbed these fish.)
(Ayden caught this large mouth bass with her Mickey Mouse fishing pole. Taylor caught all of these perch by herself. Kong and I got nothing on the same day she nabbed these fish.)I'm sure every one's life is very similar but it just amazes me how busy kids are these days. My girls go non stop from the moment they wake up to the when they go to bed. A day in the life of my girls includes school, theater rehearsal, gymnastics, martial arts, band, brownie, and girl scouts. From 7:30am to 9:30pm they go, go, go, go, go. We are often late getting from one event to the other, the girls eat in the car, do homework whenever there is a spare moment and they rarely get to watch TV.
They love everything that they do and never complain. Well, at least not to me. I wonder if this is too much for them. I regularly remind them that if something they do ever becomes work and is no longer fun, they need to let me know so that we can reevaluate. Everything that they are involved in has been their decision. Taylor had to give up dance and swimming. If she could control time she would add those two activities back into her routine.
As a parent, what do you do? You want to give your children every opportunity yet you also want them to enjoy their childhood. Considering how busy they are, the girls never fall behind on their homework and they are excellent students. The answer doesn't seem to be clear now but I'm sure one day I'll know. That trickster Time, it always has a way of telling.
1 comment:
beautiful daughters! so smart and so involved. it will only broaden their horizons. =) i love the new pics on the side of the blogsite.
Post a Comment