Monday, June 14, 2010

Continuously Amazed...

Chris (Freak Show) - Taylor is in the green shirt behind Chris during a group dance lesson. Not the best picture but it is the only one that she is in. I'm not allowed to take pictures on set.

My Taylor...I don't know what to say. Taylor has been in Atlanta for the past six days for a movie she is shooting. She has a supporting role and we have no idea if she'll have any lines but she's here and ready to do anything they ask of her. Her intensive dance lessons with Freak Show (Chris) from Royal Flush have been amazing!

In the short time we have been here she continues to amaze me! Taylor's hard work and dedication earned her a spot in the music video. Additionally, she made her opportunity to sing back up on the theme song. After hearing that three of the kids from the movie had been chosen to sing back up. Taylor was really bummed out that the Director didn't remember she could sing. Taylor decided that she would approach the Director to let her know of her desire and talent. I discouraged her from doing this because I wasn't sure she could handle the rejection. Low and behold, after feeling defeated by her own mother, she decided to move forward with her plan.

The next day she stopped the Director and I heard her give the most polite intro possible. Then on the spot the Director asked her to sing. The response...silence. The Director asked her to return to her dance group. An hour later the Director called me outside with Taylor and the Assistant Director. I thought for sure we were in trouble. Taylor was asked to sing for the Assistant who confirmed that Taylor had the right sound. On the spot they told her, "Taylor, apparently we have a spot open for singing back up. You want it?" Of course she said yes.

Sometimes I can't believe this is my child. Taylor is aggressive but in the most mature and polite way. I don't know if any of this will lead to anything. If not it doesn't matter. I'm so proud of her for her willingness to take risks, put her self out there and her perseverance.

If you want to check it out, the movie is on FB. Search for Show Kidz.

2 comments:

PKH said...

yeah, taylor! can't wait to hear more about the incredible experience she is having. i know she must be tired at the end of the day, but it would be fun to hear her perspective on her blog if she has enough energy to update us occasionally. xoxo!

Pajjar said...

keep the updates coming! johan and i are so excited for taylor and wat the future will hold for her. wat a proud mommy you must be! good job taylor! thatta girl!