Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hallelujah!!!!

Kong just found out today that he passed his CFA Level II exam. I guess the fourth or fifth (we've lost count) time is a charm. The important thing is that Kong didn't give up. Maybe more importantly, I didn't give up on him.

Kong begins to study for this test in February and takes it in early June. He studies every night after the girls go to bed until mid-night then he generally studies all day Saturday and Sunday. Let me remind you that we've been doing this every February-June for the last few years. His test is a big commitment for our entire family. I will be the first to say that there were times where I wanted to give up, I wanted him to give up and I gave him ultimatums. I'm so proud of Kong and his persistence. Now...just one more CFA test next year and if he passes he'll be a Charter Financial Analyst which apparently is extremely important and prestigious in the Investments world.

As for me, the LSAT prep test class is going well. Lot's of improvements already from my original test. I'll be taking another full length exam on Wednesday so I'll have a better idea of how much I've improved. It's amazing how you don't feel old until you are in a room filled with young kids. Most of the kids in the LSAT class are either going to be Seniors in college or just graduated. I've always been the youngest in class, sports, job, etc...so it's hard now to participate in something where I'm literally the oldest. It's been quite the unique experience.

I don't know if between Kong, the girls and me if we'll ever be done with studying and going to school. Kong's plan for after I finish law school (my hope is to get my MBA at the same time-wishful thinking) is to get his PhD in Economics or Finance. He met with the head of the Economics PhD program at the U a few weeks back and is really exited about it.

Anyway, enough about us. This past weekend we took one last mini trip to Jellystone Park in Warren, Wisconsin before Mom and Dad head back to Laos to resume their missionary work. It was nice having them home. We will miss them. Especially the grand kids since Mom and Dad love and care for them so much. Below are some pictures from our trip. Everyone had a great time. We stayed in a really big cabin that accommodated our entire family.

On our way to go fishing. The pond was really choked with weeds so we did not have a lot of luck. Ayden caught the only fish of the day.


Yawm Yawm (Grandpa) helping Gabe with his bobber and worm.
Yawm Yawm fishing with Roan.
Tom and Ethan getting Ethan's line all ready for casting.
Tais Tais (Grandma) joins in on the fun and helps Gabe cast.
Gabe and Roan enjoying some quite fishing time.


Tais Tais and Ayden on their walk
Smiles all around for Yawm Yawm and the boys on their stroll.
Getting ready to go to the water park. Well...at least Aleah was. Everyone else was just laying around. Ayden riding a leaf wave with Tais Nee (Aunt Stephanie) supervising.
Aleah braving the slide.
Aleah still smiling after the slide.
Yawm Yawm making water balloons for Ethan and Gabe so that they could play the water balloon games. Can't forget Ethan at the bottom of the picture looking fierce. Gabe eyeing his target.
Dlaab Phil (Uncle Philip) splashing around with Taylor and Adyen. After this shot he tossed Taylor into a backward flip. Hope they didn't get in trouble. Nice hair Dlaab Phil.
Ethan sounding off after a safe landing.
Taylor and Ethan getting doust with water.Here are pictures from another time we took the girls fishing. We caught a ton of fish. This is a picture of Taylor with the grubs. An important ingredient to catching a ton of fish! Just a funny video from our fishing trip.

2 comments:

pinkpeony said...

i'm sooooo happy for KONG!!!!! That's amazing!!!! Your lsat class goes to middle of september right? I love the photos, the kids look so cute.

Anonymous said...

Great post Kaohly!! I'm still reading your blog and congrats to Kong! Thats a lot of dedication and hard work to study that much in your own time and so late!

I find I can't study after 9pm my brain just switches off!

Congratulations to you all. And I love all the pics they are great.

Psbn Jon x