Monday, March 10, 2008

Something New...Something Old

So I had a conversation with Ayden about being on the verge of testing for her yellow stripe. To my surprise, Ayden was excited about testing and she found renewed energy to return to the Kuk Sool Dojang. Yeah. Much easier than I expected.

I'm continuing to go to martial art class 3x a week and trying to do both work out classes. I've been pigging out on Girl Scout cookies so the extra classes have not been making a dent on my weight. I need to refocus. I've been sore after each work out session. PSBN does different exercises and routines every class. What that translate to is new muscles being worked every session which means sore muscles after every session. My calves have been killing me since Friday. They are finally feeling better today but I have a feeling my shoulders will be in pain for the next few days. You guessed it...Lots of upper body exercises today.

Taylor, Ayden and I attended our first Jool Bong (nunchucks) seminar this past weekend. It was wonderful. Taylor and I really enjoyed ourselves. I am so proud of Taylor. Every once and while I would peak over at her and see just how awesome she was doing. Ayden is another story. I don't think she understood the concept of not dropping her weapon. Each time someone in a group dropped their weapon, the entire group would have to do 10 push ups. 10 push ups doesn't seem like a lot but try 10 push ups every few minutes. That's literally how often she was dropping her Jool Bong. Needless to say, I don't know how much she actually learned. We can't wait for the next seminar.

It's been a while since I've included a video clip. Please don't lose all respect for me after seeing it. It's not bad enough that I helped think up the lyrics to this "rap" but my child is singing it. Have I no shame?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that video is very funny - reminds me of how much fun we had at pong & bobbie's, sitting around the fire when you and the kids made up that song.

as for the muscle soreness, you should go to mississippi market or whole foods and pick up a tube of arnica gel. it's great for sore muscles - i used it a lot when i played rugby in college.

Mang said...

Hi Kaohly again.

Yes, life is moving a little bit for me. I've been married over 2 yrs now. We'll celebrate 3 years this spring. He didn't go to church with us, but you may or may not know him. He is also a Vang. So who knows, maybe a small world after all. At this time, I am not attending the Hmong church. I am sort of on a mission to look for a new home church. But it's been hard.

I haven't got a chance to see that clip, so I can't judge you yet. Today I am just browsing through. Maybe when I have more private time I'll look at it.

Another good product to use on those sore muscles are some Epsom Salt. They are wonderful to soak in. They sure do cure my winter blues.

See ya round!

Kaosong said...

Just suck it up...j/k. I say get a massage. Love the rap. We miss you guys.

Unknown said...

LOL oh i loved the rap! Tay-tay is so beautiful! Cant wait to see you guys soon...it's been AGES!